LG Way Overview
The LG Way is LG’s unique management philosophy,
which guides the thoughts and actions of all LG associates.
The LG Way aims to achieve LG’s vision of “No. 1 LG”, by practicing “People-oriented Management”, and “Creating Values for Customers” through “Jeong-Do Management”.
- VisionThe ultimate goal of LG is to be recognized as the market leader in business performance as well as in management practices
- Behavioral ModeEthical management and code of conduct to enable capability development and fair competition
PrinciplesThe fundamental organizational principle
guiding LG from beginning as a firm
No. 1 LG is the ultimate goal of becoming a market leader
in business performance as well as in management practices.
a trustworthy brand that provides
best products and services
a great workplace that talented
individuals want to join
a secure investment that yields
sustained high returns
a leader that competitors are willing
to learn from
Jeong-Do Management is an ethical management and code of conduct to enable capability development and fair competition.
What is “Jeong-Do” Management?
“Jeong-Do” Management represents LG’s unique code of conduct. “Jeong-Do” Management does not only stand for ethics management. True “Jeong-Do” Management goes beyond ethics management. It encompasses producing substantial results with the knowledge to thrive in a competitive world.
- INTEGRITYWork transparently according to principles and standards
- FAIR TRANSACTIONProvide equal opportunities and fair treatment in every transactional relationship
- FAIR COMPETITIONImprove capabilities with which one can fairly win the competition
LG’s management philosophy embraces “Creating Values for Customers” and “People-oriented Management”
as the company’s main operating principles.
- Think of customers as the top priority – the starting point of management.
- Make decisions with the emphasis on the end-user.
Delivery of substantive value
- Be one step ahead in finding latent customer needs.
- Provide the best products and services that exceed customer expectations.
- Come up with differentiated ideas that step “outside the box”.
- Always look for and practice better method and practices.
Self-management and creativity
- Take ownership in all matters and take initiatives.
- Break free from conventional ways to pursue new ideas and think outside the box.
Respect for human dignity
- Respect diversity and dignity of individuals.
- Consider people as the most important asset.
Capability development and actualization
- Believe in your ability to become Number One and focus on developing competencies through work.
- Provide the opportunity for individuals to demonstrate their potentials to the maximum.
- Set a challenging goal and make sustained achievements.
- Evaluate and compensate fairly to reflect short and long-term achievements.